The Application for the MPA Program is Now CLOSED for 2019
Applications for 2020 start dates will open the week of October 6, 2019 (for On Campus DPA and MPA) and close mid January 2020.
- Full Time Students: Apply for a Fall 2020 Start Date
- Part Time Students: Apply for a Summer 2020 Start Date (Unless you have a DPA from Western, then you should apply for a Fall 2020 Start Date)
The application to the MPA program is managed by the School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (SGPS) at Western. When you click the APPLY NOW button above you will be taken to the SGPS application page where you will get all the details on the application components. The have also set up an application help center. You can contact them with any questions about the application at 519-850-2341 or email@example.com
Regular Application Components
The MPA application will ask you for the following components:
- Personal Information
- Academic History
- References (2)
- Application Fee
- Supplemental Documents Required by the Program
- Letter of Intent
- Proficiency in English Scores (if applicable)
Supplemental Documents Required by the Program
- Academic History - Transcripts
During the application process, you are allowed to upload unofficial copies of your transcripts (including unofficial records such as a grade report printout).
* Note: If you are made an offer of admission, you will be required to submit formal, official transcripts from your institution directly to Western University’s School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies.
- Reference Letter
- The two reference letters may be attached in the online application. No hard copy letters are required.
- Letter of Intent
- We ask for you to write a personal 2-3 page letter outlining your interest in studying Local Government Public Administration and why you make a good candidate to the program. Strong letters outline what experience/perspective the student brings to the program and how the program will assist the student in career development. This usually requires knowledge about the program offerings which you can find in Courses section of the Local Government Program website.
- A resume detailing your relevant education, work, professional development, and/or community involvement is required.