Local Government Mentorship Program
The Local Government Mentorship Program pairs current full-time MPA students with experienced Alumni mentors currently working in the field of Local Government.
The program gives students an opportunity to create connections that will develop their skills, expand their professional networks, and prepare them for their future careers.
Participants commit to meeting once per month from November through June. Meetings may be held virtually, in person, or by telephone.
- Share experiences working in the field of Local Government
- Provide a realistic view of life after graduation
- Help students develop career goals
- Introduce students to industry related organizations and volunteer opportunities
- Support and guide students, acting as a positive role model and coach
- Give thoughtful and constructive feedback
- Assist in recruiting other Alumni mentors
- Gain satisfaction helping a student succeed while enhancing your coaching and listening skills
- Get to know upcoming talent in the field
- Learn from students about recent research in the field of Local Government
- Stay connected with the Alumni Association and events
Mentors must be working professionals in the field of Local Government who are interested in providing support and guidance to current students. Mentors must be available to meet and keep in contact with their mentees on a monthly basis. Mentors must be comfortable meeting via skype or telephone if in-person meetings are not possible.
Interested in Becoming a Mentor?
Share your experiences and contribute to student success! Contact email@example.com for more information.
***This program is offered by the Local Government Program Alumni Society with the support of the Local Government Program.***